Title: ALPHA (Shifters Book 6)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Release Date: October 1, 2010
Mass Market Paperback: 480 pages
“YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE FAYTHE...
The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc, and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder, and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.
It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can--that will--change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for. But life never waits until you're ready.”
Today, I am pleased to bring you a special guest- amazing talented author Rachel Vincent! She has graciously agreed to a short interview right here on Nice Girls in promotion of her newest release ALPHA, the final book in her Shifters Series.
Q: When writing the Shifters Series, did you plot book to book, or the whole series right from the beginning?
Rachel: I had an idea where the series was going by the time I'd finished Rogue, but I plotted each book's individual plot separately.
Q: There is a serious fan base for both Team Marc and Team Jace, and a lot of debate about the two sides on your discussion group. Did you ever think the love triangle would cause as much debate as it has, and does that debate bother you?
Rachel: No, the debate thrills me. If the readers weren't torn about Faythe's decision, that would mean I hadn't written the scenario (or the characters) well enough. The fact that there's so much argument tells me that Faythe's trouble deciding makes sense.
Q: When creating the character Jace, did you intend or ever envision him to have such a following?
Rachel: I didn't intend much of anything when i wrote Stray. I didn't even know if it would get published. But I knew I liked Jace. And Ethan. And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. :)
Q: If Faythe, Marc & Jace each had an individual theme song, what would they be and why?
Faythe's would definitely be "I'm Just A Girl" by No Doubt
Marc's might be Citizen Soldier
Jace is harder to pin down. He's light hearted, but beneath that, he has some serious problems. I'm not sure about that one.
Q: Now that the Shifter Series has basically come to a close, how do you feel about completing you first published series?
Rachel: It's a very bittersweet moment for me. I love the series and the characters, and it's hard to say goodbye to them. But I think the series is ending well, and hopefully on a high note. So I take pride in that.
Thanks Rachel, for taking the time to stop-by and answer a few questions! Congratulation on ALPHA's release, the Shifters Series was truly an exhilarating ride. Can't wait to see what else you have up you sleeve.
********************Rachel also picked out a special teaser quote from ALPHA just for Nice Girls:
"Besides, this mouth was made for shouting the truth and demanding justice. Among other things..." -From Alpha, pg 222
The official releases date for ALPHA was October 1st, and is available for purchase at you local book stores and online book retailers. You can check out my review of ALPHA here.
SHIFTER SERIES CONTEST !!!!!
In honor of the release of ALPHA, I have decided to giveaway a Shifter Series tote bag made by yours truly. I also sent a similar tote to Rachel to celebrate the conclusion of this amazing series. Enter below for the chance to win one for yourself. Contest starts today and closes Saturday, October 16, 2010 at midnight. The winners name will be posted here on my blog on Monday, October 18, 2010. The winner will have FIVE days to respond & claim their prize!(Scroll down in the blue box to fill in contest information)
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- In the blue contest entry box below, please leave your first name/last initial and e-mail address.
- Then name a song that best describes any of Rachel Vincent's Shifters characters! (I'd pick Linkin Park's Somewhere I Belong for Jace or The Fray's Where the Story Ends as a combo for Marc & Faythe!!) Good for 1 point.
- Link contest via Twitter/Facebook/Blog 1 point for each link provided.
- Follow this blog for bonus 2 points! (button located on right-hand side)
- I will use random.org to choose the winner.
- Contest is open to readers in the USA only.
- You have FIVE days from the day I post the winners name to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me result in forfeit of your prize. At that time, I will choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
- These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
- Contest is void where prohibited.
- By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry.
- Please allow 30 days to receive your prize before e-mailing me.
Last but not least, I want to thank Claire and Nikki, my book buddies for lending a hand with this blog post. Don't know what I'd do without you girls. I ♥ you both! If you get a chance, take a minute to check out their book review blogs!