It has been a year of reading highs and lows. I've decided to get together with some of my fellow bloggers to find the Top Reads of 2010. Also, scroll to the bottom for a chance to win one of my favorite eBooks of 2010!!!!
Name: Nikki (EvilQueen21)
Blog: Evilqueen's Realm of Ensorcelled Reads Of rare use, with posts are few & far between...
Top Reads of 2010:
1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (YA)- This powerful, intense conclusion of the Hunger Games trilogy, as with the first two delivers staggering, jaw dropping moments full of intense emotions that after reading your literally left in a stunned shock like state that takes hours to snap out of. (At least that's what it was for me.) Mockingjay hands down wins the #1 spot in my top reads of 2010.
2. Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews (UF)- No top list of mine, would be complete without something from the husband/wife team of Ilona Andrews. Magic Bleeds 4th in the Kate Daniels series, features the dynamic duo Kate Daniels & Beastlord, Curran Lennart (my favorite fictional character in the entire world!) Not just Bleeds, but the entire series is full of charming wit & snark, beloved characters you can't help but adore, and creative ingenuity that will utterly blow you away.
3. My Soul To Keep by Rachel Vincent (YA)- Keep is 3rd in Vincent's Soul Screamers series. With the majority of YA being geared toward Vampires & Werewolves, Vincent provides a much needed breath of fresh air. She creates a vividly built world of Bean Sidhes, Demons & Reapers, with deep and complex character development that's written flawlessly. Vincent captures teenage angst so well, if she could bottle & sell it, she'd easily be a self made millionaire!
4. Changes by Jim Butcher (UF)- The Dresden Files, is a series I just discovered this year, after reading the first 11 books back to back prior to Changes, I was outright giddy by the level of awesomeness that the latest installment doles out. From start to finish Changes is full of non-stop action that I just couldn't seem to turn the pages fast enough. Butcher's world building is full of seamless layers that never ceases to amaze me.
5. Iron Duke by Meljean Brook (PNR/UF mix)- First in the Iron Seas series, Brook takes the reader on a thrilling ride of endless action & adventure set in a unique steampunk world of meticulous detail and imagination. Never have a fell in love with a hero/heroine so quickly as I did with Rhys & Mina! With just one book Meljean Brook, has claimed a permanente spot on my favorites shelf which is currently, eagerly awaiting book 2!!
Favorite Series of 2010: Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Favorite Book Cover for 2010: The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
Name: Claire, better known online as Cem! I’m a UK blogger who focuses on YA paranormals, but also read some contemp YA’s and adult paranormal books. Picking favorites for this was really hard! Crazy number of awesome books this year, if you want to see more of my favorites, check out my site Cem’s Book Hideout.
Top Reads of 2010:
1. Matched by Ally Condie – YA dystopia – Smart and beautiful. Layer after layer of the world is peeled back oh so carefully, revealing a world, and characters, far more complex than at first sight! Review
3. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand – YA urban fantasy – a stunning debut!! Beautiful, brilliant, funny, an emotional roller coaster, a superb protagonist and a very, very sweet and sexy love interest!! Review
Favorite Series of 2010:
Easy one for a change: Fever series by Karen Marie Moning – adult urban fantasy
Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever and Dreamfever. Final book, Shadowfever, releases Jan 18th 2011. A very addictive, dark fae story. This series has been around for a little while but I only read it recently, reading the first 4 books back to back. It’s a fantastic, twisted story that I can’t get enough of! Seriously one of the greatest series I’ve ever read. Reviews: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever/Dreamfever
Favorite Book Cover for 2010:
Again, hard to choose, there have been many awesome covers this year. But I’m picking Shade by Jeri Smith Ready. I love how simple, beautiful and fitting this cover it! The colors purple and red play a role in the book, so that they’re the colors on the cover works perfectly. Very eye catching!
Blog: a GREAT read
Top Reads of 2010:
1. 13 to Life by Shannon Delany / YA paranormal / It was a fantastic werewolf story that was sort of standard, yet still different and thrilling at the same time! Review
2. Alpha by Rachel Vincent / Urban Fantasy/ I love Rachel's werecat series because we get to see a different kind of shifter than the standard werewolf, which I still love, but I'm always up for something different. And this was the conclusion to her werecat series as well. Review
3. Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost / Paranormal Romance / This was a treat to Jeaniene's new spinoff series! I saw a thin resemblance to Beauty and the Beast which is partly why this was my fave out of the two so far! Review
4. Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder / Fantasy / Maria is my fave and only fantasy author that I read. Her books take you to this whole other world where magic exists and is beautifully written without being overly complicated. Review
5. Once Bitten by Kalayna Price / Urban Fantasy / While it may have been published in 09, I read this one this year and absolutely adored it and its sequel. Here we have a fresh look at vampires and shifters and how they live in separate worlds, but they shifters can still cross into our world, where the vampires live! It was just really neat and different to see two worlds coexisting like this. Review
Favorite Series of 2010: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Was very hard to pick with this one! So I chose this series since I had just finished reading the last book!)
Favorite Book Cover for 2010: 13 to Life by Shannon Delany
Enter below for the chance to win one an eBook copy of Rachel Vincent's My Soul to Keep. Contest starts today and closes Saturday, January 8, 2010 at midnight. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have FIVE days to respond & claim their prize! Since I'm gifting this eBook through Amazon.com, the winner most be have an amazon.com account set up to receive their prize.
- In the contest entry box below, please leave your first name/last initial and e-mail address
- List your favorite book of 2010
- Follow this blog for bonus 2 points! (button located on right-hand side)
- Follow my twitter for bonus 2 points! (button located on right-hand side)
- I will use random.org to choose the winner.
- Contest is open to readers in the USA only.
- You have FIVE days from the day I e-mail the winners to claim your prize. Failure to contact me result in forfeit of your prize. At that time, I will choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
- These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
- Contest is void where prohibited.
- By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry.